Recover your Bitcoin Account
The following steps will guide you through the process of recovering access to your Bitcoin Account, even if you have forgotten your encryption password. Please keep in mind that recovering your Bitcoin Account is only possible if you have previously backed it up from either the Numbrs app or our web app.
- If you are trying to recover your Numbrs Bitcoin Account from the app, please log out and close the app. If you are attempting to recover your Numbrs Bitcoin Account from our web app, please proceed to step number 3.
- To initiate the recovery process, please open the app again, log in and enter your security code.
- Select ‘I forgot password’.
- The following screen will inform you about the necessary steps to regain access to your Bitcoin Account. Please tap on ‘Restore from a recovery phrase’.
- On the following screen, you will be asked to enter your 12-word recovery phrase. Please ensure that you enter the words in the correct order.
- Select ‘Continue’. An error message will appear if the recovery phrase has not been entered correctly. If this occurs, please recheck your entry.
- If you entered the recovery phrase correctly, your Bitcoin Account will be restored.
- Enter a new encryption password with the following requirements:
- Min 1 upper case
- Min 1 number
- Min 8 characters
- Min 1 symbol
- Please confirm your new encryption password below.
- Please select ‘Open Crypto Bitcoin Account’ to complete the recovery process.
Recover 12-word phrase
In case you lose your device or you simply want to switch to a new one, you can recover access to your Bitcoin Account through your recovery phrase. Please be aware that if you have not backed up your recovery phrase beforehand, you will not be able to gain access to your Bitcoin Account. It is therefore crucial to create a backup of your recovery phrase once you have set up your Bitcoin Account.