Create an account
The main purpose of a client account is to keep your data secure. A client account ensures that only you can access your data. Having a client account also allows our support team to assist you more efficiently with any queries you may have.
- To create an account, please navigate to the sign up page.
- Please enter the email address you wish to use to create your account and click on 'Open Bitcoin Self-Custody'. If the email address is valid, an email will be sent to you to initiate the sign up process.
- Please click the on the button in the email you receive to start the sign up process.
- Once you have successfully validated your account and signed up for our services, please read the information about our Service Fees and our Terms & Conditions. Once done, click on 'Accept & Continue'.
- On the next page, please enter your personal details and click on 'Continue'.
- Now your recovery phrase will be displayed. Please store it in a safe place and check the confirmation box displayed below. Then, click on 'Continue'.
- You will be prompted to fill in your recovery phrase. If any of the words are incorrect, it will be highlighted in red. Once you have correctly filled out the words, you will be able to select 'Confirm'.
- If you need to, you can always select 'Back' in the upper left hand corner. Your recovery phrase will then be displayed again.
- Please create an encryption password to lock your Private Key. The encryption password must meet the following requirements:
- Min 1 upper case
- Min 1 number
- Min 1 symbol
- Min 8 characters
- Confirm the encryption password and click on 'Continue'.
- You will be redirected to your Bitcoin Self-Custody Dashboard. Please place your first deposit to start using your account.
Now your account is being set up for Cold Storage in our Swiss data center. Please note that this process can take up to 4 hours to complete. You will receive a confirmation email once the operation has been successfully completed.