Recover your account
The following steps will guide you through the process of recovering access to your Bitcoin Self-Custody, even if you have forgotten your encryption password. Please keep in mind that it's crucial to store your passphrase safely. If you don't remember your passphrase, you will not be able to recover your Bitcoin Self-Custody.
- To log in, please navigate to the login page.
- Once you are logged in, tap on the 'Profile' heading and click on 'Recovery Phrase'.
- Click on the 'Reveal' button and select ‘I forgot password’.
- The following screen will inform you about the necessary steps to regain access to your account. Please tap on ‘Restore from a recovery phrase’.
- On the following screen, you will be asked to enter your 12-word recovery phrase. Please ensure that you enter the words in the correct order.
- Select ‘Continue’. An error message will appear if the recovery phrase has not been entered correctly. If this occurs, please recheck your entry.
- If you entered the recovery phrase correctly, your account will be restored.
- Enter a new encryption password with the following requirements: Min 1 upper case,Min 1 number,Min 8 characters,Min 1 symbol
- Please confirm your new encryption password below.
- Please select ‘Open Bitcoin Self-Custody’ to complete the recovery process.