Enabling/Disabling Cold Storage
In order to provide the highest level of security for your Bitcoin, ‘Cold Storage’ will be enabled by default when an account is first created. However, if you wish to send or receive Bitcoin, this feature must first be disabled. In order to disable/enable the Cold Storage feature, please follow the steps outlined below:
- To log in, please navigate to the login page.
- On your dashboard, please click on the toggle button under 'Cold Storage'.
- A confirmation screen will be displayed. If you are trying to re-activate Cold Storage, please select the 'Confirm' button. If you wish to deactivate Cold Storage, you will then be prompted to:
- Enter your encryption password. If you forgot your password, please select 'I forgot my password' and follow the recovery steps.
- On the next screen, please enter the verification code that was sent to the email address associated with your account. Please ensure that you check your spam folder. If you are unable to locate the email containing the verification code, please click on 'Resend verification code'. A new email containing the verification code will be sent to your email.
- Please click on the 'Confirm' button to deactivate your Cold Storage.
- The status of your storage option will be now pending. Once completed, the status of your storage option will be set to ‘Disabling’. Please note that this process can take up to 4 hours to complete. Once your request is completed, you will receive a confirmation email informing you that Cold Storage is now disabled.