How to choose a secure password
Your Numbrs password is the key to the entirety of your Bitcoin Account. Make sure it is secure and never share it with anyone. Learn how to choose a secure password.
What you should consider
- Length: The longer the password, the more difficult it is to guess or crack. Your Numbrs password must contain at least eight characters. However, we recommend using a passphrase, the longer version of a password.
- Various symbols: Adding different types of characters such as upper and lower case letters, as well as numbers and special characters to your password will make it significantly stronger.
- Random selection: Do not use common names or dates that are easy to guess. Choose random letters and numbers instead.
- Separate passwords: Choose a separate password or passphrase for every service you use. Never use the same access for different accounts. This will minimise the damage in case of a security breach at one of your services. Your other services and user accounts will then remain safe.
What you should avoid
- Dates: Don't use obvious dates such as your date of birth, wedding anniversary and so on.
- Names: Don't use obvious names like your username, real name, parent‘s name, pet‘s name, etc.
- Other: Don't use obvious information like your driver's licence number, passport number and so on.