Please be aware that 'Offline Storage' must be deactivated before sending Bitcoin.
- If you are logged out, select ‘Send Bitcoin’ in the navigation bar on the top of the screen. If you are logged in, tap on the ‘Send’ button under ‘Transfers’ on your Bitcoin Self Custody dashboard.
- Please enter the amount and the recipient’s wallet address. Alternatively, you can scan the QR code associated with the receiver’s address. Please bear in mind that your browser may need to be given access to your device’s camera.
When the amount has been added, the estimated network fee will be shown, calculated proportionally. Whenever you change the amount, the estimated network fee will be adjusted. The network fee is displayed in both your default FIAT currency and in BTC. You have to pay this network fee in addition to the amount you wish to send. Please find a detailed explanation of the network fee further below.
- Please confirm by clicking on ‘continue’.
- If you are logged out, please complete first the sign-in and verification process.
- Please click on ‘Confirm’ to proceed.
- Please enter now your encryption password.
- On the next screen, please enter the verification code that was sent to the email address associated with your account. Please ensure that you check your spam folder. If you are unable to locate the email containing the verification code, please click on ‘Resend verification code’. A new email containing the verification code will be sent to your email. Please note that you have the option to automatically enable offline storage after the transaction has been initiated.
- Once this code has been entered correctly, click ‘Confirm’ to send Bitcoin.
Alternatively, you can also broadcast the transaction by following the steps outlined below:
- After choosing the ‘Send Bitcoin’ option on the menu bar, please click on ‘Broadcast Transaction’.
- You can either enter the transaction in hex format or upload a file.
- By clicking on ‘Continue’, you will have confirmed this transaction.
Please be aware that Bitcoin transactions are not immediately executed. Each transaction must be verified in the blockchain before it is ultimately confirmed. If you attempt to execute a transaction right after an unconfirmed one, an error message will be prompted. Please wait a few minutes until your previous transaction has been completed. If you need further assistance, please contact our support team at any time.
A network fee applies to all transactions sent to external cyptocurrency addresses to ensure they are processed on cryptocurrency networks. The network fee is not paid to Numbrs. The final network fee can only be confirmed once the transaction is done, hence during the sending process the fee shown to the user is always an estimation. The final network fee can still change. Please be aware that the network fee is paid in addition to the amount you send to another Bitcoin Account.