How do I pay the Service Fee?
Please bear in mind, that the Service Fee has to be paid in BTC exclusively. The Fiat price of the plan is fixed, the BTC amount is calculated based on the latest BTC price. By paying the fee, you are granted full access to all of the Bitcoin Self Custody features. The fee is paid in advance for the upcoming year.
- A banner will appear 7 days before your renewal fees are due to be paid. It will appear on the main homescreen/dashboard of both the app and the web version.
- Please tap on ‘Pay with Bitcoin’ to proceed with the process.
- On the next screen please tap ‘Send’ to proceed with the payment or ‘Copy’ to copy the receiving address for payment from another wallet.
Please be aware that VAT will also be included in this payment, calculated at your local rate.
- To make the transfer from an external wallet, please go to the send feature of the external wallet and paste there the receiving address copied from the Bitcoin Self Custody. Please keep in mind, that the rate updates every 30 minutes.
Please note that the Fiat value of the payment is fixed. The Bitcoin value is calculated at the latest Bitcoin exchange rate price which will refresh every thirty minutes. The timer can be viewed at the bottom of the window. Please be aware that you have to pay this network fee in addition to the amount you wish to send. The estimated network fee will be calculated proportionally and is displayed in your default Fiat currency.
- Finally, please click the notification to confirm the transaction. In case the Offline Storage mode is turned on, a temporary deactivation of it is needed.
- To confirm the deactivation please enter the encryption password and a verification code that has been sent to the linked email address.
- The deactivation process will start at this point and can take up to 4 hours. Once deactivation is done you will receive an email.
- Please click on the link in the email to finalize the in-house payment.
- After successful payment the Offline Storage mode will be automatically activated again. In case this is not desired, please untick the box before tapping 'Confirmation'.
- With tapping 'Confirmation', you successfully initiated the payment of the Service Fee.
Please be aware that any outstanding bills can also be paid directly from the 'Billing History' section. You can find more information here.