Your Numbrs password is the key to accessing your online accounts. Make sure it is secure and never share it with anyone. Here is a rundown on how you can create a secure password.
What you should consider
- Length: The longer the password, the more difficult it is to guess or crack. Your Numbrs password must contain at least eight characters.
- Various symbols: Adding different types of characters such as upper and lower case letters, as well as numbers and special characters to your password will make it significantly stronger.
- Random selection: Do not use common names or dates that are easy to guess. Choose random letters and numbers instead.
- Separate passwords: Choose a separate password for every service you use. Never use the same password for different accounts, in order to minimise the damage in case of a security breach at one service. This way, you don't risk the safety of your other services and user accounts.
What you should avoid
- Dates: Don't use obvious dates such as your date of birth, wedding anniversary and so on.
- Names: Don't use obvious names like your username, real name, parent‘s name, pet‘s name etc.
- Other: Don't use obvious information like your driver's licence number, passport number and so on.