Notifications – often overlooked, and yet one of the most effective ways to stay in control of your expenses. The idea is simple. Instead of having to open Numbrs to see the latest summary of all your transactions and analytics, Numbrs informs you proactively, in real time, whenever something happens in your accounts. In other words, you don’t have to check on Numbrs, Numbrs checks on you. And there is way more than the detection of account movements:
- Daily summary of your transactions. Rise and shine – starting your day, you’ll receive a summary of your transactions of the previous day. This way you’ll know where you left off, where you stand today, and can plan your expenses accordingly.
- Salary notification. It’s a fact. Most of our larger expenses revolve around the date we receive our salary. And Numbrs lets you know as soon as your salary arrives.
- Heads up for upcoming payments. Whether you get those shiny new sneakers or not – it may still be good to know when a scheduled payment is about to be executed. That’s why Numbrs notifies you 1 to 5 days ahead of your scheduled payments. This way you keep the bigger picture in mind, when contemplating larger purchases.
- Monthly summary of your spending habits. Man is a creature of habit. In order to get a sense of those habits when it comes to your finances, Numbrs sends you a summary of your spendings each month. This way you can evaluate your spending routine, detect unnecessary expenses and become better and better at making financial decisions.
- Low balance alert. The low balance alert notifies you when your account balance is running low. Because the definition of a low account balance can vary greatly you can set the exact figure. We recommend going with around 10–20 % of your net income, so you’ll always be able to get through the month.
- Budget notifications. People who know what they are saving up for, are usually better in saving up. That’s why the Numbrs app allows you to set different savings goals for any purpose. To help you keep an overview and prioritise your expenses even better Numbrs notifies you whenever you reach 80% of a savings goal, and again, when a budget has been exhausted.
How it works
Activating Numbrs’ notifications is simple. In the Numbrs app, go to the profile icon in your navigation bar. Tap the 'Settings' icon in the top left and then ‘Notifications’. Turn on the switch 'Bank notifications' and simply select the notifications which you would like to receive. It’s as easy as that. You have now set your notifications.
As a leading personal finance app we want you to fully understand your finances and enable you to take the best financial decisions yourself. As part of this mission, Notifications is only one of several integrated features in Numbrs, which can help you understand and optimise your finances even better. For more insights on your income and monthly expenses for example, we recommend checking our analysis feature and the detailed insights on your transactions. Both are part of the free Numbrs app, available for download on iOS and Android.