You trust Numbrs with your finances. In return, we provide you with the best app to manage them. This includes optimizing your spendings, analyzing your transactions and simply saving you money.
The basis for these functions is the top-level protection of your data. This is the reason why we place security and privacy higher than anything else. Our security measures include ongoing tests by independent institutions, constant technical revisions, regular updates of the Numbrs app including all of its features as well as structural and educational security measures within our organisation.
While we deliver a nearly carefree experience to our users when it comes to safety, there are certain measures, which users can take themselves to maximise the protection of their data.
4 golden rules to keep your data safe
To minimize the chances of unauthorized access to your data we have created four golden rules.
- Obvious as it may seem, never pass on your access data! This is sensitive information, which grants access to the entirety of your finances and should always be kept to yourself.
- Choose an unusual password, which is difficult to memorize. Even better, choose a passphrase. This is an entire sentence, which contains spaces between words and is much longer than a password. And may we point out that “12345678” or “00000000” are, unfortunately, not safe.
- Don't write your password or passphrase down anywhere - neither handwritten nor electronic. The best place to save a password is still your good old memory. If you need to use a large number of passwords we recommend using a password manager – Android and iOS offer built in ones.
- This is common sense, too, but simply be careful when using the app. Protect your smartphone, for example, when you log on to a crowded bus where people could see your screen – or any other area with a crowd of people.
An additional action to stay on top of security is to regularly update the Numbrs app as well as your smartphone’s operating system. Usually, the latest operating systems provide the strongest security. The Numbrs app is regularly updated and is always optimized for the latest operating systems.
How to choose a safe password
Choosing a safe password is one of the easiest ways to increase security. Here are some tricks to keep the “phishers” at bay.
- The longer a password, the more difficult it is for others to guess. Numbrs requires your password to have at least 8 characters, but we recommend using a passphrase, which is a much longer version of a password.
- Use different character types to make your password or passphrase more secure. These include upper and lower case letters, numbers and characters as well as spaces between words.
- Don't just use common words or names in your password or passphrase as they are easier to crack. Instead, include random combinations of letters and numbers.
- Never use the same password or passphrase for multiple accounts. This minimizes the damage in case of a security breach at any of your services and prevents someone from gaining access to more of your accounts.
Staying in control of your data
Numbrs employs several security measures to identify users. These include a login, password, security code, TAN verification and Touch ID for devices that support it.
When it comes to making bank payments, for example, a TAN is required. This is only transmitted to you shortly before the payment takes place, directly by your bank. In this way, no one can cause you financial damage. Even if they have access to your account. No TAN, no transaction, it’s as simple as that.
Should you, however, notice suspicious movements on your accounts or think that someone gained access to your data, there is no reason to panic just yet. There are several things you can do to regain control of your data.
- If you have lost your smartphone, see if you can track it. If your smartphone’s manufacturer offers such a service, it usually allows you to lock your device, too. This prevents someone else from accessing your smartphone all together.
- Change your Numbrs access data. Through device independent user accounts, Numbrs enables you to change your credentials from nearly any device. So whether you have lost your phone or someone has gained access, simply log in to Numbrs, change your access data and regain control over your account.
For further questions on our comprehensive security measures simply visit our security section, contact us at email@example.com or write us directly in the app. The Numbrs app is available for Android as well as iOS and comes for free on both systems.