Numbrs is a cutting edge technology company developing a smart personal finance application available for iOS and Android. Numbrs is one of the most used finance apps in Germany and was recently launched in the UK. Thanks to artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML), we are able to offer intelligent and breakthrough features that allow our users to manage their finances easier, faster and smarter.
We are building a remote team of multidisciplinary experts that are passionate about making a world-changing impact. We've built a hardworking and engaging remote culture that combines the best of scientific cutting edge technology with a product-focused environment, offering an ambitious balance of structure and flexibility.
We are seeking an experienced, dedicated, and well-organized Software Architect to join our remote team. This position will require someone who is adaptable in a changing environment and who is passionate about delivering high quality results in a fast-paced environment.
You will work in the Architecture team to support the Head of Technology in all the activities of the Technology department. You will be responsible and accountable for the oversight of all aspects of engineering operations, the architecture and design of Numbrs platform, and the delivery of services and solutions within Technology.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering problems as much as solving them.
- You can thrive in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and a talent for delivering out-of-the-box ideas are essential
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a solution that works every time.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- a Bachelor's or higher degree in the technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- a minimum of 5 years experience architecting, developing, evolving and troubleshooting large scale distributed systems
- hands-on experience with micro-service based architecture
- experience with software engineering best practices, coding standards, code reviews, testing and operations
- hands-on experience with Java
- knowledge of AWS, Kubernetes, and Docker
- leadership experience
- excellent troubleshooting and creative problem-solving abilities
- excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- experience with systems for automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerised applications, such as Kubernetes and Mesos
- experience with machine learning and big data technologies, such as Kafka, Storm, Flink and Cassandra
- experience with encryption and cryptography standards
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Fully remote company, at which every person is free to live and work wherever they want
- Flexible time off 25+ holiday days